Top 10 Tuesday
Top Ten Things I’ve learned since I came to England
- I could get fat off of pasties
A nice flaky crust filled with meat, potato, and chard, I could eat them every day. Even though it’s committing serious carb-icide!
- Old Rosie is dangerous
This is maybe the tastiest cider ever. The caveat, it’s 7% alcohol (but tastes like juice). Have more than a couple of these and before you know it you’re crawling home.
- Never walk Jacob’s Ladder drunk
#2 often leads to #3. Walking this massive staircase (which is the way to get to/from the pub of the same name) is not an advisable decision when inebriated
- England can turn anyone into a tea drinker
I never drink tea in the states, but since coming here I started… now I drink about 3 cups a day!
- Scientists really do drink the most coffee.
Dunkin Donuts and Career Builder conducted a study to see what profession drinks the most coffee… scientists and lab techs were number 1. I drink an average of 4-5 cups per day, its just how we do!
- You can convince an Englishman to have a pint with you pretty much anytime
One thing that makes it so hard to stay focused sometimes is how keen people are to go “have a cheeky pint”. While it can be tough because you’ll drink a lot… you’ll never drink alone!
- Mulled wine and mulled cider will change your life
A description of these two heavenly creations won’t do them justice … just imagine a spiced, warm, tasty goodness that will undoubtedly keep you warm on a cold night … while also giving you a nice buzz!
- In Falmouth, if you’re not working, you’re probably having a pint
As the previous two might suggest, opportunities to go grab a drink are not infrequent. Combining the facts that this is 1) a small town, 2) a large portion of the town is made up of students and 3) there are a seemingly ENDLESS amount of places to get a pint… you pretty much gets recipe for disaster (and a damn good night!)
- Sitting on a cold toilet seat is a horrible experience
Every freakin’ morning, maybe it’s cause I’m from Florida, where everything is warm, but there is something about sitting on a cold toilet seat that sends a shock through my entire body. Keep in mind though, if you get a warm one here it’s probably because someone just got off of it … pretty much a lose-lose.
- Girls here are TOTALLY different to flirt with
I feel like I talk to friends about this daily, girls here are so much different! I usually compare it to cooking: If you’re an Italian chef, but go to work in an Asian restaurant… you had better learn to cook some Asian food, otherwise your restaurant won’t be very busy!! It’s a good thing I love to flirt, and a good challenge!
- RECIPES: Mulled Wine Cider (fox59.com)
- 17 Wonderfully Warm And Cozy Mulled Drinks (joannegreco.wordpress.com)
- Mulled Wine (cheeseacresfarm.wordpress.com)
- Spiced mulled cider (thechillipad.wordpress.com)
- Mulled Cider (whatevershesgot.com)